Scrolling

A serene space with a fab bed nook

It's the weekend!! woohooo! And the sun's come out - which, in Sweden in January is something of a rarity. Oh yes, this is going to be a good couple of days. But first, today's home tour. And what a home it is.  This space in Gothenburg, Sweden is a picture of calm and furnished with some fab pieces including Wishbone chairs, the AJ floor lamp and table lamp and Matchilda Clahr's leather straps. And just look at that bed nook (perfect inspiration for a bedroom area in an open plan living space don't you think?). It's like an updated version of this lovely traditional Swedish summer cottage bed nook.  I love the apartment's original period features and original wood floor too. Enjoy the tour…!








Entrance 

Anything that stands out to you in particular?

A popular trend I've noticed in Scandinavia and beyond is to add something over-sized  to a room- like the clock in this kitchen (try this one). Other examples include the very large bedside reading lamps in Lotta Agaton's apartment (for sale here, and previous post about her beautiful home here). In my friend Gen's home you can witness an over-sized angle-poise floor lamp, pendant light, cross print and Stendig calendar. Why? Well, my thoughts are that over-size items create a focal point, an element of surprise as well as incredibly cool and striking effect. What are your thoughts?

Do you have anything over-sized in your home?

Other homes previously shown on here from Entrance include this, this and this one. Do you have a favourite?

Have a really fab couple of days!

PS Don't forget to pop back tomorrow to enter my weekend give-away - I think you're going to be very happy when you see the prize…..oh the suspense!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. I have to spend firstly whole Friday at work before weekend starts =D, but I am also in that relaxing mood =).
    And pictures of this home is helping me in that, looking very natural with all those wooden furniture and accessories and floors, I love it ^_^

    Happy weekend,
    Michael
    www.ontheleaf.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only oversized item in my home is me!

    I love the clock and it's great the way it's not on the wall. I like things to be a bit different. I have a Karlsson Flip clock on my wish list. I'm hopeful I will get it on my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a gorgeous home. I love the DIY leather wall storage thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love natural floors I used to have jet black stain on my wood floors well I got tired of them and had the striped to the bare bone . Now there natural and I love it and it makes the room look allot bigger than it is , natural is the way to go .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to know what is that bed in the nook. Looks exactly like what i'm searching for!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO