Scrolling

A cottage in the Stockholm archipelagos

I don't know what the weather's like where you are but here it's starting to feel....er.....dare I say it....Autumnal. So today I thought I'd add a little sunshine here on the blog instead. And if I close my eyes this rainy, windy Tuesday morning I can dream I'm at on this beautiful waterside cottage. It's the fabulous home of one of Sköna Hem blogger Åsa Myrberg of @mycasa on Ekerö in the Stockholm archipelagos. If the beautiful, light filled and relaxed interior doesn't do it for you, the setting certainly will. Summer anyone?


Sköna Hem, Pernilla Hed
Sköna Hem. Pernilla Hed.
Sköna Hem. Pernilla Hed.
Sköna Hem. Pernilla Hed.
Sköna Hem. Pernilla Hed.
Sköna Hem. Pernilla Hed.
Sköna Hem. Pernilla Hed.
What an incredible place to spend long summer days?! The Stockholm archipelagos really are fantastic too.

For more Scandinavian summer cottage dreaming click here - warning, you'll need to pour yourself a cup of tea first - there are hundreds of them! (the home above might come up first, if so, scroll past it).

I'm off to The Conference in Malmö today - anyone else going? Last year's was so inspiring!

Have a wonderful Tuesday.

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. What a beautiful home! I could spend many hours there, especially if the dogs are included.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I know it is not here holiday/vacation home but her year around home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow?! That's even more impressive, imagine?! I'd better investigate and update the post. Thank you for letting me know.

      Delete
  3. That's such a welcoming home and I can see myself living there

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaah, here in Prague is autumnal too. Mornings are cold, around 7-10 degrees (I had to go in parka today) and afternoons are warm (around 25 degrees), leaves are falling, trees getting red-orange-yellow colours.. For me it is too early for weather like that =(.

    And, I just realized, many Sweden homes, bedrooms, has the bed with headpart at windows..just interested - I think if I sleep on bed with headpart at window, I will feel the draft/breeze, and I will be ill in few days..or the isolation of the windows is so good? Or I am just not so hardy =D

    http://onthatleaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael - Prague sounds cold - BRRRRR! Very interesting comment about the bed by the window. In England (where I'm originally from) this would never work as it would be too drafty but in Sweden the houses are incredibly well insulated - they have to be because it get's so extremely cold! When my parents come over to visit us in Sweden they always say 'your house is so well insulated we can't even here the birds sing' - I'm not sure if they mean that in a good way.....haha!

      Delete
    2. Aaaah, then is everything explained =). And with the birds..you know, sometimes is good to hear them but when you are forced to hear their singing and arguing every morning from 4 am.... ;)

      Delete
  5. Absolutely love this!! Especially the mixed chairs and the lovely kitchen! Would love to live there...

    trettiosjukvm.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful house!i wish i had a home like this
    Wwww.mygenerouslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been scouting out new blogs to follow and you've made it to my bookmarks lists. I really like the content of your shots as well as the composition of how you're shooting everything. Your lighting is phenomenal. I really hope you get more press because you totally deserve it.

    I'm going to go add you to my Twitter now. Love the work & keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful home. And a lot of nice green nature.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO